Friday, June 11, 2010

Button Bracelet


My little sister loves Twilight! Well in the movie Bella wears a little shell bracelet. I made a simple little garter st. bracelet and put some mother of pearl type buttons on it. Needless to say she went gaga over it. So I just thought I would share it!

Materials needed
yarn: I used a sport weight brown but you can use whatever you will just get a bigger/smaller
size 2 knitting needles again use what you got or just try it and see what you get
Buttons: you will need at least one button to close it after that it is all up to you!

CO 4 st and knit in garter st(knit all rows) until bracelet fits around your wrist. Then make a button loop I chose to do an applied button loop you can find it HERE! Or you can crochet one doesn't really matter just make sure it is large enough to fit around your button. Then go back and arrange your buttons (this was the hardest part for me I have too many buttons) Sew them on and enjoy!

No comments: